- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, creamy peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Using a fork, press down on each dough ball to create a crisscross pattern. Dip the fork in granulated sugar occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat the baking process with the remaining dough until all cookies are baked.
- Once cooled, store the peanut butter cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Enjoy these classic peanut butter cookies with a glass of milk or as a sweet treat any time of the day!